1 April 2020

We are in close communications with the local host in Croatia, the University of Zagreb, to ensure we are following local, as well as European and global advice, guidance and policies in connection with Coronavirus. At this point in time, we are hopeful we can still deliver EECERA 2020 in September, as planned, but we of course continue to keep our plans under review.

While the situation remains uncertain, we are hoping further information from our governments and bodies such as WHO will provide better clarity on the pandemic forecasts after Easter. Either way, we will post another update on the conference plans then.

For now, the conference scientific review is well underway and while we are not expecting or encouraging ticket sale, we are progressing the design of the scientific programme to keep it on track.

Our responses may take longer than usual, however, we remain at your disposal if you have any conference or association related queries. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or concerns.

Stay safe everyone.


11 March 2020

Based on current information and travel advice from public authorities in Croatia, there are no plans at this time to postpone or cancel EECERA 2020 Conference in Zagreb. At the moment there are no public orders for cancellation of public events in Croatia, including international conferences of our size.

For your information, please see the official published information on the Coronavirus protective measures put in place by the Croatian authorities, as well as the travel advice updates from WHO.

We are taking developments concerning Coronavirus very seriously and we are closely monitoring the information and travel advisories issued by the Croatian and international health authorities.

As the conference is just under 5 months away, we recommend awaiting further advice regarding travel and gathering restrictions. We will keep you regularly updated on the EECERA 2020 website and our associated newsletter and social media.

For now our efforts remain firmly focused on the conference planning. At present, the conference scientific committee are reviewing the 600+ abstracts received and formal confirmation of selected proposals will be communicated via email by Wednesday, 13th May 2020.


Last updated: 1/04/2020